Maryland Code, Health Occupations 2-308
Maryland Code > Health Occupations > § 2-308
Current as of: 2010
(a) Except as provided for a limited license in §§ 2–310 through 2–310.3 of this subtitle, a license expires on the date set by the Board, unless the license is renewed for an additional term as provided in this section.
(b) At least 2 months before the license expires, the Board shall contact the licensee at the last known address provided by the licensee and advise the licensee of:
(1) The date on which the current license expires;
(2) The date by which the renewal application must be received by the Board for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the license expires; and
(3) The amount of the renewal fee.
(c) Before the license expires, the licensee periodically may renew it for an additional term, if the licensee:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) Pays to the Board a renewal fee set by the Board; and
(3) Submits to the Board:
(i) A renewal application on the form that the Board requires;
(ii) Evidence of compliance with any continuing education requirement set under this section for license renewal; and
(iii) Evidence that each audiometer in use has been calibrated within 12 months before the date the license is renewed.
(d) In addition to any other qualifications and requirements established by the Board, the Board, by rule or regulation, shall establish continuing education requirements as a condition to the renewal of licenses under this section.
(e) The Board shall renew the license of each licensee who meets the requirements of this section.
(f) A licensee has a grace period of 30 days after a license expires in which to renew it retroactively, if the licensee:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to have the license renewed; and
(2) Pays to the Board the renewal fee and any late fee set by the Board.
Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Health Care Business
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved