Maryland Code, Health Occupations 7-309
Maryland Code > Health Occupations > § 7-309
Current as of: 2010
(a) Except as otherwise provided by law, a corporation may not operate a mortuary science business and the Board may not issue a license to or list any corporation as licensed to operate a mortuary science business.
(b) The Board may renew only the license of a corporation that:
(1) On June 1, 1945, held a license issued by this State;
(2) Has been renewed continuously since that date;
(3) Submits an application on a form required by the Board; and
(4) Pays a fee set by the Board.
(c) Each application for renewal made by a corporation shall state the name and address of each officer and director of the corporation.
(d) While a corporation license is effective, it authorizes a corporation to operate a mortuary science business only if any practice of mortuary science that is conducted for the corporation is practiced by a licensed individual.
(e) A corporation may not operate a branch funeral establishment unless the branch funeral establishment was in operation on or before October 1, 1964.
(f) If a corporation is sold, declares bankruptcy, or ceases to operate, written notice must be submitted to:
(1) The Board, within 2 weeks of the occurrence, detailing the changes and the arrangements for carrying out the pre-need contracts and disbursement of the money held in escrow; and
(2) The holders of pre-need contracts advising them of their options under Maryland law.
Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Health Care Business
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved