Maryland Code, Human Services 5-205
Maryland Code > Human Services > § 5-205
Current as of: 2010
(a) The Administration shall be the central coordinating and directing agency of all public assistance programs in the State, including:
(1) the Family Investment Program and related cash benefit programs;
(2) public assistance to adults;
(3) emergency assistance;
(4) food stamps;
(5) medical assistance eligibility determinations;
(6) the Energy Assistance Program; and
(7) any other public assistance activities financed wholly or partly by the Administration.
(b) The Administration shall supervise, direct, and control the activities of the local departments that it finances wholly or partly.
(c) (1) The Administration may visit any State-aided institution, organization, or agency engaged in public assistance activities and inspect thoroughly its management, buildings, and equipment.
(2) Visits and inspections under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be made:
(i) at reasonably convenient hours; and
(ii) with reasonable regard for the established discipline, regulations, and customs of the institution, organization, or agency.
(d) As desirable or necessary for the purpose of this title, the Administration may designate existing agencies or organizations in the State as the Administration’s agents.
(e) Before the start of each regular session of the General Assembly, the Administration shall submit a report of its activities to the Governor.
Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Welfare
U.S. Code Provisions: Welfare
Federal Regulations: Welfare
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved