Louisiana Revised Statutes 34:2476.1 - Additional economic development functions
Louisiana Laws > Revised Statutes > Title 34 > Chapter 30 > § 34:2476.1 - Additional economic development functions
Current as of: 2009
A. In addition to any other powers and functions, the port may perform the functions of an economic and industrial development entity. Such functions may include but shall not be limited to the following:
(1) Public relations, advertising, marketing, and providing and disseminating information.
(2) Government relations, ombudsman, and government liaison.
(3) Financial and financing assistance.
(4) Tax abatement.
(5) Planning and coordination for economic development and resource utilization, including such functions as industrial and economic research and industrial programming and solicitation.
(6) Industrial training, technical assistance, and technology transfer.
(7) The use of public and other legal powers to facilitate development.
(8) Promoting transfer mechanisms to take ideas from their point of origin and development to commercially successful utilization by local enterprises.
(9) Fostering entrepreneurial activity in the port district and region.
(10) Promoting the development of new products, processes, or services or new uses for existing products, processes, or services manufactured or marketed in the port district and region.
(11) Supporting market research aimed at identifying new markets for local or regional products and processes, including international markets; determining the characteristics, needs and preferences of those markets; and developing new marketing techniques to exploit those markets.
(12) Fostering and supporting economic and industrial development and education in cooperation with private business enterprises, financial institutions, educational institutions, nonprofit institutions and organizations, state government and political subdivisions of the state, the federal government, and other organizations or persons concerned with research, development, education, commercial application, and economic or industrial development in ways which increase the economic base of the port district and region.
B. For the purposes enumerated in Subsection A of this Section, the port may engage in whatever activities and projects it deems most appropriate to encourage and assist economic growth and development in accordance with and pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter.
Acts 2004, No. 307, §1.Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Harbors and Ports
Louisiana Laws: Harbors and Ports
U.S. Code Provisions: Harbors and Ports
Federal Regulations: Harbors and Ports
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved