Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:1806 - Duties of the department
Louisiana Laws > Revised Statutes > Title 51 > Chapter 22 > § 51:1806 - Duties of the department
Current as of: 2009
The department shall administer the provisions of this Chapter and shall have the following powers and duties in addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this Chapter and in other laws of this state:
(1) To monitor the implementation and operation of this Chapter and conduct a continuing evaluation of the progress made in the urban revitalization zones.
(2) To assist the governing authority of an urban revitalization zone in obtaining assistance from the federal government, including the suspension of federal regulations within the zone.
(3) To assist the governing authority of an urban revitalization zone in obtaining assistance from any other department of state government, including assistance in providing training, technical assistance, and wage subsidies to new businesses and small businesses within an urban revitalization zone.
(4) To assist any employer or prospective employer within an urban revitalization zone in obtaining the benefits of any incentive or inducement program authorized by Louisiana law.
(5) To submit an annual written report evaluating the effectiveness of the program and any suggestions for legislation to the governor and the legislature no later than the first day of March of each year.
(6) To promulgate rules and regulations to effectuate this Chapter in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(7) To notify each legislator whose district includes any portion of the urban revitalization zone when the department designates such a zone.
Acts 2005, No. 466, §1, eff. July 1, 2005.Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Economic Development
Louisiana Laws: Economic Development
U.S. Code Provisions: Economic Development
Federal Regulations: Economic Development
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved