South Carolina Code 47-22-20. Definitions
South Carolina Code > Title 47 > Chapter 22 > § 47-22-20 - Definitions
Current as of: 2009
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Transfer center" means a facility where raw materials are collected for loading into approved vehicles for delivery to a rendering plant.
(2) "Commission" means the State Livestock-Poultry Health Commission.
(3) "Director" means the Director, Division of Livestock-Poultry Heath Programs, Clemson University.
(4) "Division" means the Division of Livestock-Poultry Health Programs at Clemson University and its agents, employees, and officials.
(5) "Inspector" means an employee or official of the division authorized by the director to carry out inspections or investigations required or authorized by law.
(6) "Livestock" means all classes and breeds of animals, domesticated or feral.
(7) "Permit" means official authorization to engage in a specified activity.
(8) "Poultry" means all avian species including wildfowl and domestic fowl.
(9) "Raw material" means livestock or poultry carcasses and inedible parts thereof, fats, oils, and other inedible animal byproducts, and used fats and oils collected from restaurants.
(10) "Rendering operation" means the processing of all or part of the inedible portions of livestock or poultry carcasses and other raw material, and includes the collection and transportation of raw material for the purpose of processing.
(11) "Rendering plant" means a building or buildings in which raw material is processed, and includes the premises upon which buildings used in connection with processing are located.
(12) "State Veterinarian" means the Director, Division of Livestock-Poultry Health Programs, Clemson University.
South Carolina Laws: Livestock Generally
U.S. Code Provisions: Livestock Generally
Federal Regulations: Livestock Generally
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved