Nebraska Statutes 54-1382 - Department; adopt rules and regulations
Nebraska Statutes > Chapter 54 > § 54-1382 - Department; adopt rules and regulations
Current as of: 2010
The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to aid in implementing the Nebraska Bovine Brucellosis Act. The rules and regulations may include, but need not be limited to, provisions governing:
(1) The conduct of the market livestock testing program, including provisions governing when, where, how, and by whom testing is to be done; what animals are to be tested; and how test results are to be recorded and reported;
(2) The conduct of the brucellosis eradication program, including when, where, how, by whom, and how often testing is to be done; what animals are to be tested; and how test results are to be recorded and reported. The rules and regulations may also include provisions designed to maintain or enhance the federal designation of brucellosis areas within the state and provisions for certifying herds for brucellosis status;
(3) The issuance and release of brucellosis quarantines and the requirements regarding the handling, movement, and disposition of livestock under quarantine;
(4) The testing of livestock to detect brucellosis, including which tests are to be deemed official, by whom the tests are to be administered, how the tests are to be conducted, the reaction tolerances to be recognized, and the classification of results as to negative, suspect, or reactor animals. The rules and regulations shall be consistent with the best available scientific information relative to the control and eradication of brucellosis;
(5) The assessment of penalties under subsection (3) of section 54-1371;
(6) The branding and disposition of reactors, including the brand to be used and how it is to be placed, and when and how branding and shipment to slaughter are to be performed;
(7) The branding and handling of exposed animals, including the brand to be used and how it is to be placed, and when and how branding and movement are to be performed;
(8) The cleaning and disinfecting of premises, including the materials to be used, the procedures to be used, and when such procedures are to be performed;
(9) The official brucellosis vaccination program, including the vaccines allowed to be used, the permitted concentrations, the age of the animals to be vaccinated, the effect of vaccination on the interpretation of test results, and the sale and use of vaccine;
(10) The identification of animals subject to the act, including exposed and infected animals, vaccinated animals, and animals tested and to be tested;
(11) The issuance of permits under section 54-1378;
(12) Compliance with the provisions of the Uniform Methods and Rules for Brucellosis Eradication;
(13) The payment for activities and services conducted under the act;
(14) The preparation, maintenance, handling, and filing of records and reports by persons subject to the act, regarding activities performed in accordance with the act, including the vaccination, testing, branding, or movement of animals that may have been infected with or exposed to brucellosis; and
(15) Any other areas deemed necessary by the department to effectively control and eradicate brucellosis.
Laws 1983, LB 573, § 16; Laws 1993, LB 1, § 2.
U.S. Code Provisions: Livestock Generally
Federal Regulations: Livestock Generally
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved