Nebraska Statutes 69-2107 - Agreements; prohibited provisions
Nebraska Statutes > Chapter 69 > § 69-2107 - Agreements; prohibited provisions
Current as of: 2010
A consumer rental purchase agreement may not contain a provision:
(1) Requiring a confession of judgment;
(2) Requiring a garnishment of wages;
(3) Granting authorization to the lessor or a person acting on the lessor's behalf to enter unlawfully upon the consumer's premises or to commit any breach of the peace in the repossession of property;
(4) Requiring the consumer to waive any defense, counterclaim, or right of action against the lessor or a person acting on the lessor's behalf in collection of payment under the consumer rental purchase agreement or in the repossession of property; or
(5) Requiring purchase of insurance from the lessor to cover the property.
Laws 1989, LB 681, § 7.
Questions & Answers: Property
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved