Rhode Island General Laws 27-9.3-3. Required disclosures to payee
Rhode Island General Laws > Title 27 > Chapter 27-9.3 > § 27-9.3-3 - Required disclosures to payee
Current as of: 2009
Not less than three (3) days prior to the date on which a payee signs a transfer agreement, the transferee shall provide to the payee a separate disclosure statement, in bold type no smaller than fourteen (14) points, setting forth:
(1) The amounts and due dates of the structured settlement payments to be transferred;
(2) The aggregate amount of these payments;
(3) The discounted present value of the payments to be transferred, which shall be identified as the "calculation of current value of the transferred structured settlement payments under federal standards for valuing annuities," and the amount of the applicable federal rate used in calculating the discounted present value;
(4) The gross advance amount;
(5) An itemized listing of all applicable transfer expenses, other than attorneys' fees and related disbursements payable in connection with the transferee's application for approval of the transfer, and the transferee's best estimate of the amount of the fees and disbursements;
(6) The net advance amount;
(7) The amount of any penalties or liquidated damages payable by the payee in the event of any breach of the transfer agreement by the payee; and
(8) A statement that the payee has the right to cancel the transfer agreement, without penalty or further obligation, not later than the third (3rd) business day after the date the agreement is signed by the payee.
Questions & Answers: Structured Settlements
U.S. Code Provisions: Structured Settlements
Tennessee Code > Title 65 > Chapter 4 > Part 1 > § 65-4-102. Railroads excluded
Current as of: 2010
None of the provisions of this chapter and none of the powers conferred upon the authority shall apply to any railroad, whether operated by an incorporated company or individual, which is operated in this state and which is regulated and governed by the provisions of chapter 3 of this title.
[Acts 1919, ch. 49, § 3; Shan. Supp., § 3059a86; mod. Code 1932, § 5449; Acts 1939, ch. 130, § 1; C. Supp. 1950, § 5449; modified; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 65-402; Acts 1995, ch. 305, § 20.]
U.S. Code Provisions: Utilities
Federal Regulations: Utilities
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved