Idaho Code 31-3519 - Payment For Services
Idaho Code > Title 31 > Chapter 35 > § 31-3519 - Payment For Services
Current as of: 2010
Each board of county commissioners shall make payments to hospitals or providers for necessary medical services provided to the medically indigent as follows:
(1) Upon receipt of a final determination by the county commissioners approving an application for financial assistance under the provisions of this chapter, an applicant, a hospital or provider, or the third party on behalf of the applicant, shall, within sixty (60) days, submit a county claim pursuant to the procedures provided in chapter 15, title 31, Idaho Code.
(2) Payment shall be made to hospitals or providers on behalf of an applicant and shall be made on the next payment cycle. In no event shall payment be delayed longer than sixty (60) days from receipt of the county claim.
(3) Payment to a hospital or provider pursuant to this chapter shall be payment of the debt in full and the hospital or provider shall not seek additional funds from the applicant.
(4) In no event shall a county be obligated to pay a claim, pursuant to this chapter, in an amount which exceeds the reviewed claim as determined by the department's utilization management program.
(5) The clerk shall forward claims exceeding eleven thousand dollars ($11,000) per recipient in a consecutive twelve (12) month period to the board within fourteen (14) days after approval of an application along with a statement of which costs the clerk has or intends to pay.
(6) The board shall, within forty-five (45) days after approval by the board, submit the claim to the state controller for payment.
Questions & Answers: Hospitals
Idaho Laws: Hospitals
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved