Idaho Code 32-1213 - Order For Payment Of Medical Expenses
Idaho Code > Title 32 > Chapter 12 > § 32-1213 - Order For Payment Of Medical Expenses
Current as of: 2010
(1) A proceeding to enforce a support order directing the payment of medical expenses of a dependent child may be commenced as provided in section 32-1206 , Idaho Code.
(2) The petition or motion may be filed by an obligee when medical expenses not otherwise covered by insurance have been incurred in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100) or more, or when insurance premiums, deductibles, or payments on submitted claims for which payment or reimbursement is claimed to be due from the obligor equal or exceed one hundred dollars ($100). The petition or motion shall include a sworn statement by the obligee, stating the facts authorizing the issuance of the order, including:
(a) An itemization of the medical expenses, including a specific reference to any insurance premiums, deductibles, or payments on submitted claims for which payment or reimbursement is sought from the obligor;
(b) Whether such expenses have been submitted to any applicable insurance carrier or other third party payer and the results of such submission;
(c) That the obligor, stating his or her name, residence and social security number has failed or refused to pay the medical expenses or to reimburse the obligee therefor;
(d) A description of the terms of the support order requiring payment of the medical expenses claimed to be due.
(3) Upon the filing of a petition or motion and affidavit containing the information required in subsection (2) of this section, the clerk of the court shall set a hearing thereon. The obligee shall serve a copy of the petition or motion, accompanying affidavit and notice of hearing on the obligor at least ten (10) days before the date set for hearing, by personal service or certified mail, pursuant to the Idaho rules of civil procedure.
(4) After hearing, the court shall enter its order directing payment of the specific sums, if any, for which the obligor is found to be liable for previously incurred medical expenses. In addition, if the court determines that some or all of the medical expenses of the dependent child are of an ongoing or recurring nature and the anticipated amounts thereof are capable of determination to the satisfaction of the court, the court may order payment to the obligee of a specific sum per month toward such expenses.
(5) For purposes of this section "medical expenses" means any and all costs and expenses related to the health care of a dependent child, including insurance premiums and any deductible amounts, all or a portion of which are ordered to be paid by the obligor in addition to any amount awarded as child support, pursuant to a support order.
Questions & Answers: Child Support
Idaho Laws: Child Support
U.S. Code Provisions: Child Support
Related Articles: Child Support
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved