Iowa Code 135.102 - Rules
Iowa Code > Title IV > Subtitle 2 > Chapter 135 > § 135.102. Rules
Current as of: 2009
The department shall adopt rules, pursuant to chapter 17A , regarding the:
1. Implementation of the grant program pursuant to section 135.103 .
2. Maintenance of laboratory facilities for the childhood lead poisoning prevention program.
3. Maximum blood lead levels in children living in targeted rental dwelling units.
4. Standards and program requirements of the grant program pursuant to section 135.103 .
5. Prioritization of proposed childhood lead poisoning prevention programs, based on the geographic areas known with children identified with elevated blood lead level resulting from surveys completed by the department.
6. Model regulations for lead hazard remediation to be used in instances in which a child is confirmed as lead poisoned. The department shall make the model regulations available to local boards of health and shall promote the adoption of the regulations at the local level, in cities and counties implementing lead hazard remediation programs. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed as requiring the adoption of the model regulations.
7. Implementation of a requirement that children receive a blood lead test prior to the age of six and before enrolling in any elementary school in Iowa in accordance with section 135.105D .
Questions & Answers: Health Regulatory Authorities
Iowa Laws: Health Regulatory Authorities
U.S. Code Provisions: Health Regulatory Authorities
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved