Iowa Code 499B.15 - Contents of bylaws
Iowa Code > Title XII > Subtitle 3 > Chapter 499B > § 499B.15. Contents of bylaws
Current as of: 2009
The bylaws must provide for at least the following:
1. The form of administration, indicating whether this shall be in charge of an administrator or of a board of administration, or otherwise, and specifying the powers, manner of removal, and, where proper, the compensation thereof.
2. If the form of administration is a board of administration, board meetings must be open to all apartment owners except for meetings between the board and its attorney with respect to proposed or pending litigation where the contents of the discussion would otherwise be governed by the attorney-client privilege. Notice of each board meeting must be mailed or delivered to each apartment owner at least seven days before the meeting. Minutes of meetings of the board of administration must be maintained in written form or in another form that can be converted into written form within a reasonable time. The official records of the board of administration must be open to inspection and available for photocopying at reasonable times and places. Any action taken by a board of administration at a meeting that is in violation of any of the provisions of this subsection is not valid or enforceable.
3. Method of calling or summoning the co-owners to assemble; what percentage, if other than a majority of apartment owners, shall constitute a quorum; who is to preside over the meeting and who will keep the minute book wherein the resolutions shall be recorded.
4. Maintenance, repair and replacement of the common areas and facilities and payments therefor including the method of approving payment vouchers.
5. Manner of collecting from the apartment owners their share of the common expenses.
6. Designation and removal of personnel necessary for the maintenance, repair and replacement of the common areas and facilities.
7. The percentage of votes required to amend the bylaws.
Questions & Answers: Condominiums
U.S. Code Provisions: Condominiums
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved