Florida Statutes 316.2951 - Motor vehicle windows; definitions
Florida Statutes > Title XXIII > Chapter 316 > § 316.2951 - Motor vehicle windows; definitions
Current as of: 2011
(1) "Motor vehicle" means any vehicle as defined in s. 316.003, except vehicles used in farm husbandry, which is registered or required to be registered in the state.
(2) "Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle with motive power designed to carry 10 persons or fewer which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.
(3) "Reflectance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in a percentage, which is reflected outward by the product or material to the amount of total light falling on the product or material.
(4) "Sunscreening material" means a product or material, including film, glazing, and perforated sunscreening, which, when applied to the windshield or windows of a motor vehicle, reduces the effects of the sun with respect to light reflectance or transmittance.
(5) "Transmittance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in a percentage, which is allowed to pass through the product or material, including glazing, to the amount of total light falling on the product or material and the glazing.
(6) "Window" means any device designed for exterior viewing from a motor vehicle, except the windshield, any roof-mounted viewing device, and any viewing device having less than 150 square inches in area.
(7) "Windshield" means the front exterior viewing device of a motor vehicle.
s. 1, ch. 84-296.
Questions & Answers: Traffic Law Violations
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved