Florida Statutes 153.66 - Covenants of district board with bondholders
Florida Statutes > Title XI > Chapter 153 > Part II > § 153.66. Covenants of district board with bondholders
Current as of: 2011
In addition to the other provisions and requirements of this law any resolution authorizing the issuance of revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, assessment bonds or any other obligations issued hereunder, may contain provisions and the district board is authorized to provide and may covenant and agree with the several holders of such bonds as to:
(1) Reasonable deposits with the district in advance to ensure the payment of rates, fees or charges for the facilities of the system.
(2) The discontinuance of the services and facilities of any water system or sewer system, or both, for delinquent payments for either water services or sewer services, and the terms and conditions of the restoration of such service.
(3) Contracts with private or public owners of a water system or sewer system not owned and operated by the district for the discontinuance of service to any users of the water system or sewer system, as the case may be, owned and operated by the district.
(4) Limitations on the powers of the district to construct, acquire or operate, or permit the construction, acquisition or operation of any plants, structures, facilities or properties which may compete or tend to compete with any water system or sewer system.
(5) The manner and method of paying service charges and fees and the levying of penalties for delinquent payments.
(6) Subject to this law the manner and order of priority of the disposition of revenues or redemption of any bonds or other obligations.
(7) Terms and conditions for modification or amendment of any provisions or covenants in any such proceedings authorizing the issuance of bonds or other obligations.
(8) Provisions for and limitations on the appointment of a trustee for bondholders for any water system or sewer system.
(9) Provisions as to the appointment of a receiver of any sewer system or water system or both, on default of principal or interest on any such bonds or other obligations or the breach of any covenant or condition of such authorizing proceedings or the provisions and requirements of this law.
(10) Provisions as to the execution and entering into of trust agreements regarding the holding and disposition of revenues derived from such systems and the proceeds of bonds issued for the cost of acquisition or construction or improvement of a water system or sewer system or both, or for any other purposes necessary to secure any such revenue bonds.
(11) Provisions as to the maintenance of any such systems and reasonable insurance thereof.
(12) Any other matters necessary to secure such bonds and the payment of the principal and interest thereof.
All such provisions of the bond proceedings and all such covenants and agreements in addition to the other provisions and requirements of this law shall constitute valid and legally binding contracts between the district and several holders of any such bonds and shall be enforceable by any such holder or holders by mandamus or other appropriate action, suit or proceeding in law or in equity in any court of competent jurisdiction.
s. 17, ch. 59-466.
Questions & Answers: Water
U.S. Code Provisions: Water
Federal Regulations: Water
Related Articles: Water
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved