• Hello. My name is Nancy Sparks and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am just coming out of a very dark time in which functioning was limited. This was brought on by a myriad of factors, including my special needs son being sexually assaulted and losing my Mother. In order to care for my ill Mother, I applied for and was granted FMLA. My employer made my life miserable and was brutal. I was ultimately terminated without cause while on FMLA leave. Circumstances around this time resulted in a mental spiral. This was the first, and hopefully last experience with such depths. When initially terminated, I called the U.S. Department of Labor. I’d called them previously (prior to termination) to seek help for the ongoing harassment for I never heard back from US Department of labor and the statute of limitations has since expired. Initially, I made contact with local legal assistance organizations, but received no support. I also made contact with attorneys, all of whom were eager to accept my case on a contingency basis. There were multiple issues, ie. unpaid wages, wrongful termination, ADA compliance etc. Unfortunately, my mental status made it impossible to perform basic functions of life, the legal prep the attorneys asked of me was impossible. I was granted short term disability for a short time. Is there any recourse whatsoever for the major violations that resulted in my termination? I’d been an exemplary employee and received rave reviews the month prior to taking FMLA. I’m a single Mom to a wonderful special needs, adult son and don’t have the financial means to have hired an attorney. The violations are clear and can be easily corroborated. My mental incompetence is equally clear. Essentially, just “waking up” from a fog and am going to lose my home and everything I have worked for. I can’t seem to find any information on exceptions to the statute of limitations, which seems quite unfair. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.