In this chapter—
(1) “Government corporation” means a mixed-ownership Government corporation and a wholly owned Government corporation.
(2) “mixed-ownership Government corporation” means—
(A) the Central Bank for Cooperatives.
(B) the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
(C) the Federal Home Loan Banks.
(D) the Federal Intermediate Credit Banks.
(E) the Federal Land Banks.
(F) the National Credit Union Administration Central Liquidity Facility.
(G) the Regional Banks for Cooperatives.
(H) the Financing Corporation.
(I) the Resolution Trust Corporation.
(J) the Resolution Funding Corporation.
(3) “wholly owned Government corporation” means—
(A) the Commodity Credit Corporation.
(B) the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund.
(C) the Export-Import Bank of the United States.
(D) the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation.
(E) Federal Prison Industries, Incorporated.
(F) the Corporation for National and Community Service.
(G) the Government National Mortgage Association.
(H) the United States International Development Finance Corporation.
(I) the Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation.
(J) the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
(K) the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation.
(L) the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development when carrying out duties and powers related to the Federal Housing Administration Fund.
(M) the Tennessee Valley Authority.
(N) the Panama Canal Commission.
(O) the Millennium Challenge Corporation.
(P) the International Clean Energy Foundation.
Terms Used In 31 USC 9101
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 1 USC 5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC