Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 51 > Subtitle V - Programs Targeting Commercial Opportunities
- agency: includes any department, independent establishment, commission, administration, authority, board or bureau of the United States or any corporation in which the United States has a proprietary interest, unless the context shows that such term was intended to be used in a more limited sense. See 28 USC 451
- coastal recreation waters: means --
(i) the Great Lakes. See 33 USC 1362
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- department: means one of the executive departments enumerated in section 1 of Title 5, unless the context shows that such term was intended to describe the executive, legislative, or judicial branches of the government. See 28 USC 451
- discharge: when used without qualification includes a discharge of a pollutant, and a discharge of pollutants. See 33 USC 1362
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forbearance: A means of handling a delinquent loan. A
- green infrastructure: means the range of measures that use plant or soil systems, permeable pavement or other permeable surfaces or substrates, stormwater harvest and reuse, or landscaping to store, infiltrate, or evapotranspirate stormwater and reduce flows to sewer systems or to surface waters. See 33 USC 1362
- interstate agency: means an agency of two or more States established by or pursuant to an agreement or compact approved by the Congress, or any other agency of two or more States, having substantial powers or duties pertaining to the control of pollution as determined and approved by the Administrator. See 33 USC 1362
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- municipality: means a city, town, borough, county, parish, district, association, or other public body created by or pursuant to State law and having jurisdiction over disposal of sewage, industrial wastes, or other wastes, or an Indian tribe or an authorized Indian tribal organization, or a designated and approved management agency under section 1288 of this title. See 33 USC 1362
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- pollution: means the man-made or man-induced alteration of the chemical, physical, biological, and radiological integrity of water. See 33 USC 1362
- State: means a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See 33 USC 1362
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- treatment works: has the meaning given the term in section 1292 of this title. See 33 USC 1362
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.