(a) For those mortgages to which the provisions of §203.368 apply, the contract of insurance shall be terminated under the following circumstances:
Terms Used In 24 CFR 203.315
- Commissioner: means the Federal Housing Commissioner or his authorized representative. See 24 CFR 203.251
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract of Insurance: means the agreement evidenced by the issuance of a Mortgage Insurance Certificate or by the endorsement of the Commissioner upon the credit instrument given in connection with an insured mortgage, incorporating by reference the regulations in this subpart and the applicable provisions of the Act. See 24 CFR 203.251
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Mortgagee: means the original lender under a mortgage and its successors and such of its assigns as are approved by the Commissioner. See 24 CFR 203.251
(1) The mortgagee notifies the Commissioner that it will not convey title to the Commissioner and will not file a claim for the insurance benefits when:
(i) The mortgagee either acquires the property by any means, or
(ii) Acquires the property and gives such notice during the redemption period; or
(2) The mortgagee notifies the Commissioner that it will not file a claim for the insurance benefits when:
(i) The property is bid in and acquired at foreclosure by a party other than the mortgagee, or
(ii) After foreclosure of the mortgaged property by the mortgagee the property is redeemed.
(b) For those mortgages to which the provisions as set forth in §203.368 do not apply, the contract of insurance shall be terminated under the following circumstances:
(1) The mortgagee acquires the mortgaged property but does not convey it to the Commissioner;
(2) The property is bid in and acquired at a foreclosure sale by a party other than the mortgagee;
(3) After foreclosure the property is redeemed;
(4) After foreclosure and during the redemption period the mortgagee gives notice that it will not tender the property to the Commissioner.
[52 FR 1327, Jan. 13, 1987]