If discrimination or adverse impacts occur, a Tribe should take the following steps in the order listed:

(a) Take reasonable steps to resolve the problem directly with the State or local government involved; and

(b) Contact BIA, FHWA, or the Federal Transit Authority (FTA), as appropriate, to report the problem and seek assistance in resolving the problem.