(a) What do these regulations apply to? The regulations in this part apply to:
Terms Used In 43 CFR 2801.6
- Act: means the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U. See 43 CFR 2801.5
- BLM: means the Bureau of Land Management. See 43 CFR 2801.5
- Grant: means any authorization or instrument (e. See 43 CFR 2801.5
- Public lands: means any land and interest in land owned by the United States within the several states and administered by the Secretary of the Interior through BLM without regard to how the United States acquired ownership, except lands:
(1) Located on the Outer Continental Shelf. See 43 CFR 2801.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(1) Grants for necessary transportation or other systems and facilities which are in the public interest and which require the use of public lands for the purposes identified in 43 U.S.C. 1761, and administering, amending, assigning, renewing, and terminating them;
(2) Grants to Federal departments or agencies for all systems and facilities identified in§2801.9(a), including grants for transporting by pipeline and related facilities, commodities such as oil, natural gas, synthetic liquid or gaseous fuels, and any refined products produced from them; and
(3) Grants issued on or before October 21, 1976, under then existing statutory authority, unless application of these regulations would diminish or reduce any rights conferred by the original grant or the statute under which it was issued. Where there would be a diminishment or reduction in any right, the grant or statute applies.
(b) What don’t these regulations apply to? The regulations in this part do not apply to:
(1) Federal Aid Highways, for which Federal Highway Administration procedures apply;
(2) Roads constructed or used according to reciprocal and cost share road use agreement under subpart 2812 of this chapter;
(3) Lands within designated wilderness areas, although BLM may authorize some uses under parts 2920 and 6300 of this chapter;
(4) Grants to holders other than Federal departments or agencies for transporting by pipeline and related facilities oil, natural gas, synthetic liquid or gaseous fuels, or any refined product produced from them (see part 2880 of this chapter);
(5) Public highways constructed under the authority of Revised Statute (R.S.) 2477 (43 U.S.C. 932, repealed October 21, 1976);
(6) Reservoirs, canals, and ditches constructed under the authority of R.S. 2339 and R.S. 2340 (43 U.S.C. 661, repealed in part, October 21, 1976); or
(7)(i) Any project or portion of a project that, prior to October 24, 1992, was licensed under, or granted an exemption from, part I of the Federal Power Act (FPA) (16 U.S.C. 791a et seq.) which:
(A) Is located on lands subject to a reservation under section 24 (16 U.S.C. 818) of the FPA;
(B) Did not receive a grant under Title V of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) before October 24, 1992; and
(C) Includes continued operation of such project (license renewal) under section 15 (16 U.S.C. 808) of the FPA;
(ii) Paragraph (b)(7)(i) of this section does not apply to any additional public lands the project uses that are not subject to the reservation in paragraph (b)(7)(i)(A) of this section.
[70 FR 21058, Apr. 22, 2005, as amended at 81 FR 92207, Dec. 19, 2016]