To be eligible for an Energy Audit grant or a REDA grant under this subpart, the Applicant must meet each of the criteria, as applicable, specified in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section. The Agency will determine an Applicant’s eligibility.
Terms Used In 7 CFR 4280.186
- Agency: The Rural Business-Cooperative Service (RBS) or successor agency assigned by the Secretary of Agriculture to administer the Rural Energy for America Program. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Applicant: (1) Except for EA and REDA grants, the Agricultural Producer or Rural Small Business that is seeking a grant, guaranteed loan, or a combination of a grant and loan, under this subpart. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Capacity: The maximum output rate that an apparatus or heating unit is able to attain on a sustained basis as rated by the manufacturer. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Council: As defined in 16 U. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Energy Audit: A comprehensive report that meets an Agency-approved standard prepared by an Energy Auditor or an individual supervised by an Energy Auditor that documents current energy usage. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Institution of Higher Education: As defined in 20 U. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Instrumentality: An organization recognized, established, and controlled by a State, Tribal, or local government, for a public purpose or to carry out special purposes. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- Public Power Entity: Is defined using the definition of "State utility" as defined in section 217(A)(4) of the Federal Power Act (16 U. See 7 CFR 4280.103
- State: Any of the 50 States of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U. See 7 CFR 4280.103
(a) The Applicant must be one of the following:
(1) A unit of State, Tribal, or local government;
(2) A land-grant college or university, or other Institution of Higher Education;
(3) A rural electric cooperative;
(4) A Public Power Entity;
(5) An Instrumentality of a State, Tribal, or local government; or
(6) A Council.
(b) The Applicant must have sufficient capacity to perform the Energy Audit or REDA activities proposed in the application to ensure success. The Agency will make this assessment based on the information provided in the application.
(c) The Applicant must have the legal authority necessary to apply for and carry out the purpose of the grant.
(d) The Applicant must:
(1) Be registered in the SAM prior to submitting an application;
(2) Maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times during which it has an active Federal award or an application under consideration by the Agency; and
(3) Provide its DUNS number in each application it submits to the Agency. Generally, the DUNS number is included on Standard Form-424.