Terms Used In CFR > Title 28 > Chapter I > Part 105 > Subpart B
- Administrator: The Administrator, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, or any person authorized to act for the Administrator. See 9 CFR 1.1
- Ambient temperature: means the air temperature surrounding the animal. See 9 CFR 1.1
- Animal: means any live or dead dog, cat, nonhuman primate, guinea pig, hamster, rabbit, or any other warmblooded animal, which is being used, or is intended for use for research, teaching, testing, experimentation, or exhibition purposes, or as a pet. See 9 CFR 1.1
- Committee: means the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) established under section 13(b) of the Act. See 9 CFR 1.1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Primary enclosure: means any structure or device used to restrict an animal or animals to a limited amount of space, such as a room, pen, run, cage, compartment, pool, or hutch. See 9 CFR 1.1
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.