|§ 344.0||What does this part cover?|
|§ 344.1||What special terms do I need to know to understand this part?|
|§ 344.2||What general provisions apply to SLGS securities?|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 31 > Subtitle B > Chapter II > Subchapter A > Part 344 > Subpart A
- Adjudication: means the formal procedure for reviewing and evaluating the investigation report and the accompanying evidentiary record and for determining whether to accept the recommended findings and any recommendations for administrative actions resulting from the investigation. See 14 CFR 1275.101
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Awardee institution: means any public or private entity or organization (including a Federal, State, or local agency) that is a party to a NASA contract, grant, cooperative agreement, Space Act agreement, or to any other transaction with NASA, whose purpose includes the conduct of research. See 14 CFR 1275.101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Inquiry: means the assessment of whether an allegation of research misconduct has substance and warrants an investigation. See 14 CFR 1275.101
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Investigation: means the formal development of a factual record and the examination of that record leading to recommended findings on whether research misconduct has occurred, and if the recommended findings are that such conduct has occurred, to include recommendations on appropriate administrative actions. See 14 CFR 1275.101
- Issuer: refers to the Government body or other entity that issues state or local government bonds described in section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code. See 31 CFR 344.1
- NASA research: means research wholly or partially funded or supported by NASA involving an awardee institution or a NASA installation. See 14 CFR 1275.101
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- SLGS rate: means the current Treasury borrowing rate, less one basis point, as released daily by Treasury in a SLGS rate table. See 31 CFR 344.1
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- your: refers to a SLGS program user or a potential SLGS program user. See 31 CFR 344.1