|§ 344.4||What are Time Deposit securities?|
|§ 344.5||What other provisions apply to subscriptions for Time Deposit securities?|
|§ 344.6||How do I redeem a Time Deposit security before maturity?|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 31 > Subtitle B > Chapter II > Subchapter A > Part 344 > Subpart B
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Issuer: refers to the Government body or other entity that issues state or local government bonds described in section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code. See 31 CFR 344.1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- SLGS rate: means the current Treasury borrowing rate, less one basis point, as released daily by Treasury in a SLGS rate table. See 31 CFR 344.1
- SLGS rate table: means a compilation of SLGS rates available for a given day. See 31 CFR 344.1