|§ 96.110||Who does this subpart apply to?|
|§ 96.130||Incorporation by reference|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 33 > Chapter I > Subchapter F > Part 96 > Subpart A
- Administration: means the Government of the State whose flag the ship is entitled to fly. See 33 CFR 96.120
- Commandant: means the Commandant, U. See 33 CFR 96.120
- Company: means the owner of a vessel, or any other organization or person such as the manager or the bareboat charterer of a vessel, who has assumed the responsibility for operation of the vessel from the shipowner and who on assuming responsibility has agreed to take over all the duties and responsibilities imposed by this part or the ISM Code. See 33 CFR 96.120
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Non-conformity: means an observed situation where objective evidence indicates the non-fulfillment of a specified requirement. See 33 CFR 96.120
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Recognized organization: means an organization which has applied and been recognized by the Commandant of the Coast Guard to meet the minimum standards of 46 CFR part 8, subparts A and B. See 33 CFR 96.120
- Safety Management System: means a structured and documented system enabling Company and vessel personnel to effectively implement the responsible person's safety and environmental protection policies. See 33 CFR 96.120
- SOLAS: means the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, as amended. See 33 CFR 96.120