|§ 16.101||Purpose of regulations|
|§ 16.105||Definitions of terms used in this part|
|§ 16.109||Public Interest Exclusion (PIE)|
|§ 16.113||Chemical drug testing|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 46 > Chapter I > Subchapter B > Part 16 > Subpart A
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Approved: means approved by the Coast Guard. See 46 CFR 10.107
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Credential: means any or all of the following:
(1) Merchant mariner's document. See 46 CFR 10.107
- Dangerous drug: means a narcotic drug, a controlled substance, or a controlled-substance analogue (as defined in section 102 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse and Control Act of 1970 (21 U. See 46 CFR 10.107
- Drug test: means a chemical test of an individual's urine for evidence of dangerous drug use. See 46 CFR 10.107
- Endorsement: is a statement of a mariner's qualifications and, for the purposes of this chapter, includes only those endorsements listed in §10. See 46 CFR 10.107
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Master: means the officer having command of a vessel. See 46 CFR 10.107
- STCW: means the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978, as amended (incorporated by reference, see §10. See 46 CFR 10.107