|§ 239.1||Purpose and scope|
|§ 239.9||Responsibility for compliance|
|§ 239.15||Information collection|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 49 > Subtitle B > Chapter II > Part 239 > Subpart A
- Adjacent rail modes of transportation: means other railroads, trolleys, light rail, heavy transit, and other vehicles operating on rails or electromagnetic guideways which are expressly identified in a railroad's emergency preparedness plan. See 49 CFR 239.7
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration or the Administrator's delegate. See 49 CFR 239.7
- Control center: means a central location on a railroad with responsibility for directing the safe movement of trains. See 49 CFR 239.7
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Emergency preparedness plan: means one or more documents focusing on preparedness and response in dealing with a passenger train emergency. See 49 CFR 239.7
- FRA: means the Federal Railroad Administration. See 49 CFR 239.7
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Passenger train service: means the transportation of persons (other than employees, contractors, or persons riding equipment to observe or monitor railroad operations) by railroad in intercity passenger service or commuter or other short-haul passenger service in a metropolitan or suburban area. See 49 CFR 239.7
- Person: includes all categories of entities covered under 1 U. See 49 CFR 239.7