U.S. Code > Title 20 > Chapter 28 > Subchapter IV > Part H > Subpart 1 – State Role
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 1099a||State responsibilities|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 20 > Chapter 28 > Subchapter IV > Part H > Subpart 1 - State Role
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1