|§ 887||Imposition of tax on gross transportation income of nonresident aliens and foreign corporations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 26 > Subtitle A > Chapter 1 > Subchapter N > Part II > Subpart C
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- corporation: includes associations, joint-stock companies, and insurance companies. See 26 USC 7701
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- foreign: when applied to a corporation or partnership means a corporation or partnership which is not domestic. See 26 USC 7701
- including: when used in a definition contained in this title shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined. See 26 USC 7701
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See
- order: means a sheep and wool promotion, research, education, and information order issued under section 7103 of this title. See
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- taxable year: means the calendar year, or the fiscal year ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 26 USC 7701
- taxpayer: means any person subject to any internal revenue tax. See 26 USC 7701
- trade or business: includes the performance of the functions of a public office. See 26 USC 7701
- United States: means the 50 States and the District of Columbia. See
- vessel: includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water. See