Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 24 > Subchapter IV - Sales of Property for Private Use
- Commission: means the Atomic Energy Commission. See 42 USC 2304
- community: means that area at--
(1) Oak Ridge, Tennessee, designated on a map on file at the principal office of the Commission, entitled "Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" bearing the legend "Boundary Line, Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" and marked "Approved, 21 April 1955, K. See 42 USC 2304
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- house: includes the lot on which the house stands. See 42 USC 2304
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- occupant: means a person who, on the date on which the property in question is first offered for sale, is entitled to residential occupancy of the Government-owned house in question, or of a family dwelling unit in such house, in accordance with a lease or license agreement with the Commission or its property-management contractor. See 42 USC 2304
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- project-connected person: means any person who, on the first offering date, is regularly employed at the project area in one of the following capacities:
(1) An officer or employee of the Commission or any of its contractors or subcontractors, or of the United States or any agency thereof (including members of the Armed Forces), or of a State or political subdivision or agency thereof. See 42 USC 2304
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- single family: when used in connection with "house" or "residential property" shall include each separate unit of a residential structure which the Commission has classified as a residential structure containing two or more separate single family units pursuant to section 2331(c) of this title. See 42 USC 2304
- writing: includes printing and typewriting and reproductions of visual symbols by photographing, multigraphing, mimeographing, manifolding, or otherwise. See 1 USC 1