Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 24 > Subchapter V - Financing
- Commission: means the Atomic Energy Commission. See 42 USC 2304
- community: means that area at--
(1) Oak Ridge, Tennessee, designated on a map on file at the principal office of the Commission, entitled "Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" bearing the legend "Boundary Line, Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" and marked "Approved, 21 April 1955, K. See 42 USC 2304
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- house: includes the lot on which the house stands. See 42 USC 2304
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- project area: means that area which on August 4, 1955, constitutes the Federal area at Oak Ridge, Tennessee, or Hanford, Washington, or that area which, on the date Los Alamos is included within this chapter, constitutes the County of Los Alamos, New Mexico, excluding therefrom, however, that land which is, on said date, under the administrative control of the National Park Service of the Department of the Interior. See 42 USC 2304
- residential property: shall include each separate unit of a residential structure which the Commission has classified as a residential structure containing two or more separate single family units pursuant to section 2331(c) of this title. See 42 USC 2304
- single family: when used in connection with "house" or "residential property" shall include each separate unit of a residential structure which the Commission has classified as a residential structure containing two or more separate single family units pursuant to section 2331(c) of this title. See 42 USC 2304