|§ 2-13A-1||Southern Dairy Compact|
|§ 2-13A-2||Appointment of members to the Southern Dairy Compact Commission|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 2 > Chapter 13A
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- conservator: A person who is appointed by a court to manage the estate of a protected person and includes a limited conservator described in Section 26-2A-148(a). See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- court: A probate court of this state. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- disability: Cause for a protective order as described in Section 26-2A-130. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- estate: Includes the property of the person whose affairs are subject to this chapter. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- guardian: A person who has qualified as a guardian of a minor or incapacitated person pursuant to parental or spousal nomination or court appointment and includes a limited guardian as described in Sections 26-2A-78(e) and 26-2A-105(c), but excludes one who is merely a guardian ad litem. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- parent: Includes any person entitled to take, or who would be entitled to take if the child died without a will, as a parent by intestate succession from the child whose relationship is in question and excludes any person who is only a stepparent, foster parent, or grandparent. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- person: An individual or an organization, unless the context otherwise requires. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- petition: A written request to the court for an order after notice. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- PROTECTED PERSON: A minor or other person for whom a conservator has been appointed or other protective order has been made as provided in Sections 26-2A-136 and 26-2A-137. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- ward: A person for whom a guardian has been appointed. See Alabama Code 26-2A-20