Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 5 > Chapter 14A
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- court: Unless some other court is specifically designated, such term shall be construed to mean court of probate. See Alabama Code 35-9A-401
- district: Water management district. See Alabama Code 35-9A-401
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- person: Any individual, partnership, stock company or corporation. See Alabama Code 35-9A-401
- Uniform Commercial Code: A set of statutes enacted by the various states to provide consistency among the states' commercial laws. It includes negotiable instruments, sales, stock transfers, trust and warehouse receipts, and bills of lading. Source: OCC
- viewers: The board of viewers. See Alabama Code 35-9A-401