(a) The activities referred to in AS 06.10.010 are
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 06.10.020 - Authorized activities
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(1) making loans;
(2) receiving security for loans;
(3) acquiring by assignment or otherwise partial or entire interests in loans or in security for loans;
(4) servicing, collecting, enforcing or otherwise realizing upon loans or upon security for loans or upon interests therein, and holding, managing or disposing of proceeds therefrom; and
(5) entering into and performing contracts and doing other acts necessary or appropriate for or preliminary or incident to any of the foregoing activities.
(b) Loans within the meaning of this section may be
(1) evidenced by negotiable instruments or otherwise; and
(2) unsecured or secured by a lien upon or a pledge of real or personal property or both inside or outside this state.