(a) Redemption is made by paying the sum required to the peace officer. Upon a redemption, the peace officer shall give the person redeeming a certificate of redemption containing the sum paid on redemption, from whom redeemed, and the date of such redemption, and the peace officer shall immediately give notice of the redemption to the party from whom redeemed.

Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 09.35.270

  • Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
  • Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
  • peace officer: means

    (A) an officer of the state troopers. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060

(b) A judgment debtor or redemptioner shall submit to the peace officer

(1) a copy of the judgment under which the right to redeem is claimed, certified by the clerk of the court; or, if the redemption is upon a mortgage, the certificate of the record of the mortgage;

(2) a copy of any assignment necessary to establish the claim, verified by the affidavit of the claimant or an agent;

(3) an affidavit by the claimant or an agent showing the amount then actually due on the judgment or mortgage.