(a) When a document is required by law to be notarized, the person who executes the document shall sign and swear to or affirm it before an officer authorized by law to take the person’s oath or affirmation and the officer shall certify on the document that it was signed and sworn to or affirmed before the officer.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 09.63.030
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(b) The certificate required by this section may be in substantially the following form:
Subscribed and sworn to or affirmed before me at ______ on __________
(c) If the document is sworn to or affirmed before a notary public of the state, the notary public shall
(1) affix on the document the
(A) notary public’s official signature and official seal; and
(B) date of expiration of the notary public’s commission; and
(2) comply with AS 44.50.060 – 44.50.065 and other applicable law.