An officer or other person who delivers to the agent for extradition of the demanding state a person in custody under the governor’s warrant, in wilful disobedience to AS 12.70.090 , is guilty of a misdemeanor and, on conviction, is punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or by both.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 12.70.100 - Penalty for noncompliance with AS 12.70.090
- conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060