(a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, before commencing construction of a public project,
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 35.30.010
- municipality: means a political subdivision incorporated under the laws of the state that is a home rule or general law city, a home rule or general law borough, or a unified municipality. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(1) if the project is located in a municipality, the department shall submit the plans for the project to the planning commission of the municipality for review and approval;
(2) if the project is located within two miles of a village, the department shall submit the plans to the village council for review and comment;
(3) if the project is located within one-half mile of the boundary of an area represented by a community council established by municipal charter or ordinance, the department shall submit the plans to the community council for review and comment.
(b) Prior approval by a municipal planning commission may not be required before the commencement of construction of a highway or local service road if
(1) the department and the municipality have entered into agreement for the planning of the project under AS 19.20.060 or 19.20.070 and the plans for the project are completed in accordance with the terms of that agreement;
(2) the municipality has adopted a municipal master highway plan under AS 19.20.080 and the highway or local service road is consistent with the plan adopted; or
(3) the department has entered into agreement with the municipality for the planning of transportation corridors under AS 19.20.015 and the plans for the project are completed in accordance with the provisions of that agreement.
(c) If final disapproval by resolution of the governing body of the affected municipality or village is not received within 90 days from the date the project was submitted to the municipality or village, the department may proceed with the project.