|Article 1||Trial Jury||12.45.010 – 12.45.018|
|Article 2||Discovery, Testimony, and Evidence||12.45.020 – 12.45.086|
|Article 3||Compromise and Satisfaction||12.45.120 – 12.45.140|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 45
- approval of the shareholders: means approved or ratified by the affirmative vote of a majority of the shares entitled to vote represented at a duly held meeting at which a quorum is present or by the written consent of shareholders (AS 10. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation and all amendments and includes articles of merger. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- board: means the board of directors of a domestic or foreign corporation. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- commissioner: means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development or a designee of the commissioner. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- director: means a natural person designated in the articles of incorporation or elected by the incorporators as a director and includes a natural person and successor of that person designated, elected, or appointed by any other name or title to act as a director. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Preliminary hearing: A hearing where the judge decides whether there is enough evidence to make the defendant have a trial.
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- series of shares: means those shares within a class that have the same rights, preferences, privileges, and restrictions but that differ in one or more rights, preferences, privileges, or restrictions from other shares within the same class. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial jury: A group of citizens who hear the evidence presented by both sides at trial and determine the facts in dispute. Federal criminal juries consist of 12 persons. Federal civil juries consist of six persons.
- vote: includes authorization by written consent subject to the provisions of AS 10. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990