In this chapter and chapter 13 of this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Blind pool offering” means an offering in which either:
(a) The offering materials do not describe specific operational plans.
(b) Eighty per cent or more of the net offering proceeds are not specifically allocated for the purchase, construction or development of identified property or products, for the payment of indebtedness or overhead expenses, or for other activities set forth in the issuer’s business plan.
2. “Commission” means the Arizona corporation commission.
3. “Commodity” means any agricultural, grain or livestock product or by-product, any metal or mineral including a precious metal, any gem or gemstone whether characterized as precious, semiprecious or otherwise, any fuel whether liquid, gaseous or otherwise, any foreign currency and all other goods, articles, products or items of any kind. Commodity does not include a numismatic coin with a fair market value at least fifteen per cent higher than the value of the metal it contains, real property or any timber, agricultural or livestock product grown or raised on real property and offered or sold by the owner or lessee of such real property, or any work of art offered or sold by art dealers, at public auction or offered or sold through a private sale by the owner.
4. “Commodity exchange act” means the act of Congress known as the commodity exchange act (7 United States Code, chapter 1).
5. “Commodity futures trading commission” means the independent regulatory agency established by Congress to administer the commodity exchange act.
6. “Commodity investment contract” means any account, agreement or contract for the purchase or sale, primarily for speculation or investment purposes and not for use or consumption by the offeree or purchaser, of one or more commodities, whether for immediate or subsequent delivery or whether delivery is intended by the parties, and whether characterized as a cash contract, deferred shipment or deferred delivery contract, forward contract, futures contract, installment or margin contract, leverage contract or otherwise. Any commodity investment contract offered or sold, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, is presumed to be offered or sold for speculation or investment purposes. A commodity investment contract does not include any contract or agreement which requires, and under which the purchaser receives, within twenty-eight calendar days after the payment in good funds of any portion of the purchase price, physical delivery of the total amount of each commodity to be purchased under the contract or agreement.
7. “Commodity option” means any account, agreement or contract giving a party to the account, agreement or contract the right but not the obligation to purchase or sell one or more commodities or one or more commodity investment contracts, whether characterized as an option, privilege, indemnity, bid, offer, put, call, advance guaranty, decline guaranty or otherwise.
8. “CRD system” means the central registration depository system of the national association of securities dealers, incorporated.
(a) Means a person who directly or indirectly engages full-time or part-time in this state as agent, broker or principal in the business of offering, buying, selling or otherwise dealing or trading in securities issued by another person, and who is not a salesman for a registered dealer or is not a bank or savings institution the business of which is supervised and regulated by an agency of this state or the United States.
(b) Means an issuer, other than an investment company, who, directly or through an officer, director, employee or agent who is not registered as a dealer under this chapter, engages in selling securities issued by such issuer.
(c) Does not include a person who sells or offers to sell securities exclusively to dealers registered under this chapter, and who has no place of business within this state.
(d) Does not include a person who buys or sells securities for his own account, either individually or in a fiduciary capacity, but not as part of a regular business.
10. “Director” means the director of the securities division of the commission.
11. “Division” means the securities division of the commission.
12. “Federal covered security” means any security described as a covered security in section 18 of the securities act of 1933.
13. “Issuer” means any person who issues or proposes to issue any security, except:
(a) With respect to certificates of deposit, voting-trust certificates, collateral-trust certificates, certificates of interest or shares in an unincorporated investment trust, whether or not of the fixed, restricted management, or unit type, issuer means the person or persons performing the acts and assuming the duties of depositor or manager pursuant to the provisions of the trust or other agreement or instrument under which such securities are issued.
(b) With respect to equipment-trust certificates or like securities, issuer means the person by whom the equipment or property is or is to be used.
(c) With respect to fractional interests in any oil, gas or other mineral lease, permit, claim or right, issuer means the owner thereof or of any interest therein, whether whole or fractional, fractional interests in which are created for the purpose of a public offering.
14. “Numismatic coin”:
(a) Means a coin that has all of the following characteristics:
(i) The coin is of interest primarily to coin collectors rather than to speculators or investors in precious metals.
(ii) The fair market value of the coin is determined primarily by its design, subject matter, limited mintage, rarity and relative condition of preservation from wear rather than by its intrinsic precious metal or bullion content.
(iii) The fair market value of the coin is directly related to an individual inspection and grading of its relative condition according to an established system of numismatic standards promulgated independently of the offerer of the coin.