For the purposes of this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Lender" means a person whose name appears on the records of the museum as the person legally entitled to property held or owing by the museum.
2. "Lender’s last known address" means a description of the location of the lender, as shown on the museum’s records pertaining to the property on loan from the lender, which is sufficient for the purpose of delivering mail.
3. "Loan", "loaned" and "on loan" includes all deposits of property with a museum which are not accompanied by a transfer of title to the property.
4. "Museum" means an organized and permanent nonprofit or public institution which is primarily educational, scientific, historic or aesthetic in purpose and which owns, borrows, cares for, studies, archives or exhibits property. Museum includes historical societies, parks, sites and monuments and libraries.
5. "Person" means an individual, association, trust partnership, corporation or similar organization having a legal interest in property in the possession of a museum.
6. "Property" means all tangible objects, animate and inanimate, under a museum’s care which have intrinsic scientific, historic, artistic or cultural value.
7. "Undocumented property" means property in the possession of a museum for which the museum has no reasonable means of determining its owner.