A person is guilty of a class 6 felony who either:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-3006
- Communication service provider: means any person who is engaged in providing a service that allows its users to send or receive oral, wire or electronic communications or computer services. See Arizona Laws 13-3001
- Electronic communication: means any transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data or intelligence of any nature that is transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectronic or photooptical system but that does not include any of the following:
(a) Any wire or oral communication. See Arizona Laws 13-3001
- Person: means any individual, enterprise, public or private corporation, unincorporated association, partnership, firm, society, governmental authority or entity, including the subscriber to the communication service involved, and any law enforcement officer. See Arizona Laws 13-3001
1. Intentionally and without lawful authority obtains any knowledge of the contents of a wire or electronic communication by connivance with a communication service provider or its officer or employee.
2. Is a communications service provider, officer or employee of a communications service provider and intentionally divulges to anyone but the person for whom it was intended, except with the permission of the sender or the person for whom it was intended or in any case covered by the exemption in section 13-3012, the contents or the nature of a wire or electronic communication entrusted to the communications service provider for transmission or delivery.