A. A proportional registration agreement authorized by this article does not exempt a motor vehicle, owner or operator from complying with all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the operation of motor vehicles and pertaining to highway maximum length, width, height and weight.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-2262
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Operator: means a person who drives a motor vehicle on a highway, who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle on a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
B. A proportional registration agreement authorized by this article may:
1. Provide for collecting and forwarding the applicable registration and other fees and applications to another state or states.
2. Define the size of a fleet that may consist of one or more vehicles.
3. Provide a method to determine the state in which a fleet is based.
4. Establish a minimum fee or a flat fee if a fleet operator adds jurisdictions to the fleet operator’s area of operation.
5. Include other provisions to facilitate the administration of the agreement.