A. The department shall not register a motor vehicle pursuant to this article unless all the following are provided:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-2266
- Combination of vehicles: means a truck or truck tractor and semitrailer and any trailer that it tows but does not include a forklift designed for the purpose of loading or unloading the truck, trailer or semitrailer. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. A United States department of transportation number.
2. A federal taxpayer identification number.
3. The name of the party responsible for ensuring that the vehicle meets the applicable federal and state motor carrier safety laws and regulations.
B. In addition to all other fees, a person applying or making a supplemental application for registration under this article shall pay a filing fee of seven dollars fifty cents for nine or fewer vehicles, fifteen dollars for ten through twenty-four vehicles or twenty-two dollars fifty cents for twenty-five or more vehicles.
C. On payment of the appropriate fees for the registration, the director shall register the vehicles described and identified in the application and may issue a distinctive sticker for each motor vehicle described in the application. The director shall charge a fee of three dollars for each registered vehicle and shall determine whether to issue a sticker.
D. For each registered vehicle the director shall issue a registration card that bears on its face the number of the license or distinctive sticker issued for the registered vehicle and the other information extracted from the application for registration as the director determines appropriate for identifying the vehicle. The card shall be carried in the vehicle at all times. If it is a combination of vehicles, the card shall be carried in the vehicle supplying the motive power.