The director shall:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-367
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Public transit: means the transportation of passengers on scheduled routes by means of a conveyance on an individual passenger fare-paying basis excluding transportation by a sightseeing bus, school bus or taxi or a vehicle not operated on a scheduled route basis. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Receive, allocate, control and disperse all monies designated for state public transit programs by federal or state law.
2. Pass on projects for construction in cooperation with the United States.
3. Negotiate and enter into contracts on behalf of this state with the United States for the cooperative construction and maintenance of federal aid public transit systems in this state.
4. Enter into agreements on behalf of this state with counties, cities, towns, public transit districts or any other political subdivisions for the improvement or maintenance of public transit systems or for the joint improvement or maintenance of public transit systems.
5. Enter into contracts for the construction of state public transit systems.