A. The director and officers, agents and employees of the department the director designates may administer oaths and acknowledge signatures, without a fee, in any matter connected with the administration of a law the enforcement of which is vested in the director.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-370
- Dealer: means a person who is engaged in the business of buying, selling or exchanging motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers and who has an established place of business and has paid fees pursuant to section 28-4302. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
B. Notwithstanding title 14, chapter 5, article 5:
1. The director or an officer, agent or employee of the department designated by the director may witness a power of attorney to be used solely in the performance of vehicle title and registration activities.
2. For the purposes of executing a power of attorney in the performance of vehicle title and registration activities, the power of attorney is not required to be:
(a) Notarized if it is witnessed by the director or an officer, agent or employee of the department designated by the director.
(b) Notarized if it is involving a total loss vehicle settlement and an insurance company that is licensed pursuant to title 20 submits it electronically to the department in a manner approved by the director.
(c) Witnessed if it is notarized.
C. For the purposes of this section, "agent" includes a motor vehicle dealer or a third party authorized pursuant to this title.