A. Subject to the limitations of sections 35-142 and 41-2544, the director may enter into agreements for the purpose of accepting payment for fees and taxes imposed under this title by alternative payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards and electronic funds transfers.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-374
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
B. Before the revenues are transferred to the director as provided in sections 28-2005 and 28-6533, the collecting officer shall deduct any fee charged or withheld by a company providing the alternative payment method under an agreement with the director or the director may reimburse the collecting officer pursuant to an agreement.
C. For a tax year or reporting period that begins on or after January 1, 1998, the department may require by rule that a person who owed twenty thousand dollars or more for the preceding tax year in taxes imposed by chapter 16, article 1 of this title pay taxes on or before the prescribed payment date in monies that are immediately available to this state on the date of transfer as provided in subsection D of this section. The rule shall be consistent with the cash management policies of the state treasurer.
D. A payment in monies that are immediately available shall be made by electronic funds transfer or any other means that is required by the department, that is approved by the state treasurer and that ensures the availability of the monies to this state on the date of payment.
E. A person who pays taxes as prescribed in subsection C of this section shall furnish to the department evidence as prescribed by the department that shows that payment was remitted on or before the prescribed payment date.
F. A person who fails to make a timely payment in monies that are immediately available is subject to penalties as prescribed in chapter 16 of this title.