A. The department or its duly authorized representatives may enter during scheduled work hours on private or public property for the purpose of:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 32-2824
- Certificate: means a certificate that is granted and issued by the department. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Ionizing radiation: means gamma rays and x-rays, alpha and beta particles, high speed electrons, neutrons, protons and other nuclear particles or rays. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Ensuring that only certified individuals or individuals who are exempt from certification are operating ionizing radiation machines.
2. Determining whether a certified individual is practicing beyond the scope of the person‘s certificate.
3. Determining whether a certified individual has violated the provisions of this chapter.
4. Auditing ionizing radiation logbooks.
5. Determining compliance with this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
B. The department may enter areas under the jurisdiction of the federal government only with its permission.