A. In order to provide monies for the mobile home relocation fund, each owner of a mobile home located in a mobile home park who does not own the land upon which the mobile home is located shall pay each year to the state an assessment equal to a rate of fifty cents per one hundred dollars of the taxable assessed valuation, derived by applying the applicable percentage specified in title 42, chapter 15, article 1 to the limited property value, for each mobile home the person owns. The county treasurer shall collect the assessment imposed by this subsection at the same time and in the same manner as personal property taxes. The county treasurer shall separately list the assessment on the tax roll and shall transfer the revenues collected to the state treasurer for deposit in the mobile home relocation fund. The county treasurer shall send to the state treasurer a written notice of the total taxable assessed valuation, derived by applying the applicable percentage specified in title 42, chapter 15, article 1 to the limited property value, of all mobile homes in the county on which the assessment prescribed by this section is assessed. The assessment constitutes a lien on the mobile home.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 33-1476.03
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
B. The director shall notify all county assessors to waive the assessment for any year if the monies in the fund exceed eight million dollars. The director shall send a copy of the notice to the county treasurers.
C. If at the end of a fiscal year the amount of monies in the relocation fund is less than six million dollars, the director may notify the county assessors to reinstate the assessment prescribed by this section. If the director notifies the county assessors, the director shall send a copy of the notice to the county treasurers.